Hello Everyone,
Thought I would update you all on the situation in Lincoln, NE. Mom continues to improve, it is slow but it is surely. The swelling in her right leg has reduced substantially, which helps her improve in pretty much every other area. She is able to walk better, do her exercises easier and I believe she just feels better in general. We have been dealing with some challenges the past couple of days which I would ask for your prayers concerning. Thursday Mom got a roommate. Up until then she had been fortunate in that she had her room to herself. The unfortunate part of the deal was that the new lady is dealing with some mental/medication issues. Thursday evening ended up in quite an ordeal. I called Mom to check on her about 8:30 as I had to leave earlier due to the weather. She sounded strange and was whispering to me. When it was all said and done her roommate was taken out of the facility by ambulance to another place. I had to dig out my driveway so I could get the car backed out and get up to the nursing home. Mom was really scared as the lady had been very threatening to Mom and they moved Mother to another room about 9:00 PM. Then by Doctor's ordered the roommate was transported out of the home. After she departed Mom was returned to her room. Dad and I stayed until Mom seemed as if she could sleep. It is a very scary place when you realize you are trapped and can't even walk to get away from a threatening person. Friday things went pretty well. Today about 4:00 they introduced a new roommate to Mom's room. This poor soul is dealing with dementia. She doesn't want to be there and is very loud crying and screaming to leave. She especially doesn't want to be in the room with such an old lady (Mom) which she makes very clear over and over and over again. Not much can be accomplished as it is a weekend and regular help is not there. On a lighter happier note, my daughter Mellissa is scheduled for an inducement early Tuesday morning, unless she goes into labor before then. I hope to be able to go up Monday afternoon to take care of my two granddaughters. I find myself really torn as I need to be up in South Dakota to help Mellissa and I want to but it isn't the best of times for Mom either. I would ask for your prayers for us all during this trying time. I will put pictures up of my new Grandson as soon as possible. I am excited to meet my "FIRST" grandson! Well, guess that is all for tonite. Love, John N Jane :)
We will certainly keep her in our prayers. Looking forward to the new Grandson pics as well.
ReplyDeleteGod and the angels will be with your mom, giving her strength and your love as you head towards your next assignment. Your mom I know understands your responsibility with this new little guy and his family for a few days.
ReplyDelete