Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

John and I wanted to wish the whole family a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! We woke up to, I believe they said 1 degree wind chill!  It is supposed to warm up some tomorrow though for all those great shopping deals.  We are going to put up Christmas Lights at Mom and Dad's today or tomorrow.  It all depends on how cold our fingers get. It helps make their holidays abit more festive.  My little Auntie Viola, Dad's Sister, is hosting us all at the Cracker Barrel.  Consequently we need to go early.  Auntie is 94 now so can't make a whole dinner anymore, but she still wants to host everyone.  And really what is Thanksgiving all about anyway?  To me it is being together with the ones we love and being Thankful for all we have been given.  I am so very thankful for all the years Jesus is giving me to be with my dear little Auntie.  She has always been the most selfless, loving person I have ever known.  She is definitely a "glass half full" person!  Mom will of course fix a lunch for the afternoon so by the time evening rolls around we will be as well, rolling around I mean.  :) Love to you all and especially you Bill.  We will be carrying you in our hearts today as we reflect on Ann and all the gifts she gave you all in her life.  Love,  John N Jane :)

No comments:

Post a Comment