There really isn't any new stuff going on here right now. I was going thru pictures and found this one of the Gretna Family Shrine. It is built right off the interstate 80 by Gretna, NE which is near Omaha. One of John and my first outings together was to go out there for him to see it. It is a beautiful shrine and the walls are all glass. There is a perpetual stream that runs thru it and the whole thing is quite nice. In the outside picture you see what looks like a long crack in the sidewalk, but that is the perpetual stream of water. On the inside picture you can see it continue to the front on each side of the middle isle. It is such a quiet and soothing sound. We asked if they allowed weddings there, as it would be such a beautiful setting, but unfortunately they don't. Just thought I'd share it with you all. It is such a calm quiet place to reflect I really love visiting there. They do have mass there and some weekend we are going to go out for it. We have been busy decorating and doing our Christmas shopping as I'm sure you all are. It is a very busy time of the year but I love it! I just love everything about it but mostly what stands out to me is how at this time of the year so many people are so very charitable. What a wonderful thing it would be if we would all remember this every month of the year! More later, John N Jane :)
I can't wait to go visit next spring. It looks so beautiful and relaxing.
ReplyDelete