Sunday, October 31, 2010
Baby Sitting! Lucille Visits!
Hello Everyone, I had such fun this past week. My daughter's daycare was closed so I got to go up and watch my two adorable granddaughters! We had a blast, though this old gal was feeling her age about mid week. It is truly a blessing babies are given while we are young!!!! It was however so very worth it for me. In the picture of Chloe she is holding some flannel graph people with pictures of John and I on them. Lliss made her a flannel board and they make little people with different faces on them. Not everyone gets up enough to make the board so John and I felt honored. I got home Saturday morning and a good good friend for my whole life was in town. Her son had flown in from Ohio to go to the Husker game and after he flew out this morning she came over to our house. I am enclosing pictures so you can meet her as well. When I was a girl and my folks travelled I stayed with Wayne and Lucille. Wayne went to be with the Lord 5 years ago, after a 10 year battle with alzheimers. We became the best of friends over the years. Through thick and thin she is one of the few who have remained with me when others turned their backs. She is 90 years young and still drives all over the place and is loving life. She is a 20 year member of the local YMCA as well. I thank the Lord for her dear friendship. That's all for now. John N Jane :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Grandchildren are such a joy and it is wonderful to spend time with them. You are so lucky to have friends like Lucille and Betty that have been in your life for years. Enjoyed the story.
ReplyDelete