Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow, Snow, Snow!!!!

Hi everyone, 
Not much for news except more snow.  Most of you all have it as well.  Guess the silver lining is that we all get more together time at home, John gets extra for snow blowing and we learn to more fully appreciate the SUN and warmer weather.
We have been working on the house.  Got the kitchen painted and it looks so nice.  New paint always makes everything seem new and clean.  Very rewarding. I gotta say I really love John's house. It is such a beauty.  We were going to go to Council Bluffs today to get supplies but since it is snowing and later is the Super Bowl, we decided to take a day off.  Everyone needs a day of rest right?  I think that is really what Sunday is for anyway.
Hope you are all enjoying each other and appreciating all the wonderful blessings we have been given , even if at times they don't look like a blessing.  That is what John and I are learning everyday.  This morning, Tom Osborne, Husker Coach, was interviewed on TV.  It was very inspirational.  He talked about what it meant to be successful.  Ultimately one can only control themselves. True success is measured if at the end of the day you know you did what is right.  Thought that was truly inspirational to us.  Thanks Tom!
Thought I would add a picture my son took.  I call it my bluebird of happiness.

Bye for now.

John N Jane :)

1 comment:

  1. Looking sometimes through a snow cloud you see the beautiful sun shining God's love down upon us all. I know we all have to take a step back and remember all the love we get to experience some easy some hard but always knowing we are loved by the Almighty, even when the trials come our way. Keep us posted with pictures and stories of the old house overall. She is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete