Sunday, November 6, 2011

Auntie turns 95!!!!!

Hello Everyone,  This past Sunday, October 30, 2011 my dear little Auntie Viola Mae Meyers turned 95 years young. She is my Father's older sister, and she is a true gem!  I am so very blessed to have her in my life.  We had a surprise dinner for her with a few friends and she was so very shocked!  My son's little girl, Callie, who is three years old, sang her "Amazing Grace".  It was  impromptu performance but it was so very fitting and touched Auntie deeply.  Callie loves to sing and they had put some videos of her on Face Book singing some of her songs.  I randomly asked her if she might like to sing one of them to Auntie today for her birthday?  She said "Sure" and got up out of her chair and walked straight over to Auntie and started singing.  It was enjoyed tremendously by everyone.   When a person is 95 years old, quite a few of ones peers have already gone on to their rewards, so it was a smaller party with mostly family.  I have never known a more selfless individual than my Auntie.  She has lived her life for her Savior and Lord Jesus Christ and gives unconditional love to all who might enter her life.  She never married until she was in her late 40's so she never had children of her own, BUT she has been Mother, Grandma, Nana and Aunt to many many a fortunate soul.  I know I sound like I am bragging, and perhaps I am but I am so very proud to know such a wonderful woman, and am truly thankful to have had her for so many years be a part of my life.  We are having such a beautiful fall here in Lincoln.  Hope you are all enjoying yours in your little corner of our world.  That's all for tonite. 
Love,   John N Jane :)

No comments:

Post a Comment