Hello Everyone, Most of you who read this blog haven't yet met my children or most of my family really. Since I am now living closer to alot of my family than I have lived in the past 11 years, I am privileged to get to see some activities I have missed for most of my Grand children's lives. I guess I wanted to share some of these events with you in hopes it will give you a window into my world. This past weekend I was able to go to my Son's home in South Central Nebraska and see his oldest daughter participate in a play put on by a traveling theatre group. She tried out for the part with a huge amount of children and was very excited that she was chosen to be one of the lead parts. They presented the show twice that day and I was able to attend the first showing, as I drove back home the same day. John was working a train so I made the trip by myself. It was a long drive for a short play, but as you can see by our faces, it was so very very worth the trip! It also just happened to be her 8th birthday that same day so I was able to see her open our gift to her. In her 8 years of life I haven't lived close enough to do this except for only one other time. It meant the world to me. My children have always lived quite a distance from where I lived, since they have had children of their own. I love my Grandchildren dearly, but in this day and age am not able to get to all the events I would like to. Once in awhile it works out and for that I am so very thankful. Anyway, as you can tell by the photo she was quite the cute little monkey! That's all for this installment.
Love, John N Jane :)

No comments:
Post a Comment