Saturday, May 29, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!!!

Hello!                  



We hope you are all enjoying a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. The weather here has been absolutely beautiful. We would like to thank all those who served their country in the armed forces. I know Bill and My Father both served.  Dad in WWII and I believe Bill in Korea. I also know Steve and Sue served in the Marines.  I don't know of others in the family but if there are, thanks to you as well.  My Father raised me to always be thankful for the freedoms we know in this country and to count ourselves as blessed just for having been born in the United States of America. Dad was the only son of of a farmer and at that time would not have had to join the armed services.  Much to the sadness of his Mother my Father volunteered.  I asked him why he did this and went even though he wouldn't have had to.  He said he didn't have a choice really.  He enjoyed the privileges afforded him in this great country and he was proud to do his duty.  This came at great cost however to those who have gone before us and also to the young men and women of today. I am proud to be an American and proud of those who have and continue to enable me to enjoy the freedoms I do today.
My Mom and Dad are coming over to visit for a couple of days in the morning!  It is always such a joy for me, and I know that I am so blessed to be able to still be enjoying my parents at their age. 
God Bless America.  John N Jane :)

No comments:

Post a Comment